Dermal Fillers – regain youthful facial contours and skin
The normal ageing process leads to the loss of the natural substances such as collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid filler acts like an inflated cushion to support facial structures and tissues that may have lost volume or elasticity due to aging. It also brings water to the surface of skin to keep it looking fresh and supple. Fillers also draw in water, which further fills out the skin, helping to create a more youthful appearance
- Loss of definition of the lip border
- Loss of volume and flattening of the lip
- Loss of hydration of the lip tissue
- Development of lipstick lines
- Droopy mouth corners
The Juvéderm® range has formulations to treat everything from replacing lip volume, fine lines to deep folds and wrinkles. Juvéderm® is a hyaluronic acid facial filler which is smooth and long lasting. It is injected under your skin using a fine needle. The gel will then fill facial lines and wrinkles or add subtle volume.
Hyaluronic acid is a natural product and will, through time be completely broken down.
Dermal filler treatment is not suitable for:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Cannot be used at skin sites where there are or have been active skin disease, inflammation or related conditions.
- Anyone with allergy to hyaluronic acid.
The treatment will take from 15-45 minutes depending on the extent of coverage and there should only be minimal discomfort. A numbing cream will be used and for lip enhancements Melissa may use a dental block to ensure that your treatment is as comfortable as possible.
After treatment temporary redness, mild bruising, swelling or tenderness for 2-7 days can be expected. The effects of the filler will be immediate but plumps up for the next 2 weeks. The final result of the filler will last up to 6-18 months depending on your age, skin type and lifestyle factors. Maintenance treatments are generally required after 6-18 months.
Other possible side effects
- If you have a history of cold sores and are having lip augmentation, the procedure may cause the cold sores to break out again (the chances of this happening can be reduced by taking anti-viral medication).
- Allergic reactions are possible but not common.
- Some palpable material may be felt at the site of injection- tends to be temporary and rarely visible.
- Infection at the site.
- More serious but very rare side effects include blistering at the site, formation of granulomas and superficial necrosis.
Nose to mouth lines from £250
Marionette lines (corners of mouth) from £250
Fine lines around mouth from £195
Lip enhancement from £300
After treatment temporary redness, mild bruising, swelling or tenderness for 2-7 days can be expected. The effects of the filler will be immediate but plumps up for the next 2 weeks. The final result of the filler will last up to 6-18 months depending on the location of the filler, your age, skin type and lifestyle factors. Maintenance treatments are often required are generally required after 6-18 months.